Monday, September 12, 2016

American Girl Day at the Beach

It seems funny to be posting this after Labor Day, but I really did work it up in the heat of the summer, I just never got to posting it, until DH finally took some pictures for me.

I love the idea that this is a set and not just the bathing suit. I makes it fun and a little bit of a challenge each year as I struggle to get Mr. Ducky float to cooperate inc finally coming together. You can purchase the pattern here. I keep hoping she'll design some new patterns, but I haven't seen any new doll stuff in some time from her.

Oddly enough for the first time in years I had to buy cotton to make the bathing suit. I'd forgot my suggestion to make it in worsted and realized I needed enough cotton to complete the outfit. For years I've had big balls of cotton to use, but the only colors I had left didn't seem like they'd work for a bathing set.

I will say this is one of the biggest doll donations I've done in years. I'm not sure how it happened, but my big Christmas bag is overflowing with 18" doll clothes. I've had to remove the dolls from the bag to make room for all the clothes I've made. It could be the bulk of the princess dresses that is causing the issue. They are more full than most of the outfits I've made in the past.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive