Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Lego Block Inspired Scarf


I was searching on Ravelry to find some interesting kid scarves and came across one for a free pattern for a Lego Blocks scarf found here.


There was some discussion about how long to make a child's scarf over at Crochetville and the opinion was 3 feet. I finished this one off at slightly over that to finish the last block, but after talking to the child's mother realized she'd prefer it to be 4 feet. Instead of restarting, I decided I'd donate and start again. I'd already planned on making at least one more to donate to a local charity so now I have one finished. I just need to get one done for my Christmas presents.

I started following the pattern in single crochet and didn't like the way it looked. I experimented with a few options finally settling on working it in half double crochet and was more satisfied with the look of the bobbles and the additional size and warmth it gave the scarf.

This is a fun quick pattern and it is great to use up your Lego colored scraps of yarn. It is a thin scarf and I think most suitable for toddlers and preschoolers. I haven't quite figured out the best way to widen it to make it a more suitable scarf for older kids. I'm sure I'll eventually find a wider pattern that will appeal to older children to make for presents and donations.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers