Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Red Pocket Scarf


It is time to get some Christmas gifts completed. I ordered a bunch of Caron Simply Soft Yarn during a Joann's sale to make scarves for gifts this year. My favorite pattern this year has been a Pocket Scarf pattern I picked up during one of Annie's pattern sales. You can find the pattern here.


I love the texture this pattern creates. I've made two of these scarves so far, one with and one without the pockets and both are very nice. The softness of the Caron Simply Soft Yarn makes for a very soft scarf. While a lighter yarn I still think it will provide some warmth. It won't just be decorative.

I've been alternating between the Simply Soft Paint and Ombres colors to meet the color requirements I have for scarves and have found both seem to work. If you choose to do the pockets, you will need an alternating color.

I like the idea of the pockets for cold days when you either don't have mittens or gloves or you just want a little extra warmth. I purchased Pocket Shawls recently and am looking at making some of those, too.


No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers