Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Green Prayer Shawl


I started this prayer shawl a year ago and then sort of hit a crochet funk and it took me a while to get crocheting again. When I started again my focus was on getting the dolls ready for the donation, but I kept looking at the sad shawl waiting for me to finish it. A couple of weeks ago when had the chance to go back to my library yarn group, I decided it would be the perfect project to take and finish up.



I adapted the Baptismal shawl from The Crocheted Prayer Shawl Companion: 37 Patterns to Embrace, Inspire, and Celebrate Life that I purchased a while back. I liked the pattern and realized Homespun would create a warmer, heavier shawl than the one pictured, but I was OK with that knowing it was going to a Prayer Shawl ministry.

I've almost finished a pink shawl using tulip Homespun yarn, but I'm one skein short. The place I normally get my Homespun was out, so I'll have to pursue other alternatives. While I'm waiting, I started another shawl using some yarn sent to me from a wonderful person in AL who no longer works with Homespun.

I found some wonderful patterns during the Labor Day sales and am looking forward to some different kinds of projects after I finish off these Prayer shawls.



No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers