Thursday, August 27, 2015

Baby Jenna Summer Outfit


Melissa & Doug Jenna - 12" Doll has been a staple of my donations for the last few years. I stock up when I find her on sale and it has helped to standardize the patterns I need to work on each year.

Recently I came across a free pattern on Ravelry for Baby Sasha and was curious to see if it could be adapted. You can find the pattern here. One of the big challenges in working with baby dolls is the sizes vary greatly. Baby dolls come in all lengths and widths. A 12" baby doll may not be equal to another 12" doll but it is a starting point. In this case I'd never heard of the Sasha line. After a little online research I discovered Sasha is generally considered more of collector's doll than a play doll, but the length was comparable. I had no idea about the other dimensions.

I had to increase the hook size and add a finishing edge, but other than that, the outfit cute and I thought it was rather cute. This was a great chance to work on using up my stash as this was made from Pound of Love baby yarn that has been in my stash for a bit.

Barbie and American Girl Doll Free Patterns are listed on my blog at these locations:

Barbie Crochet and Sewing Page

Barbie Knitting Page

Ken Page

Kelly/Skipper Page

American Girl Doll Crochet and Sewing

American Girl Doll Knitting

Doll Blankets and Pillow Patterns

Baby Doll Patterns:

Baby Doll and Cabbage Patch

Additional Doll Patterns also Available on the Holiday Blogs:

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Pictures may not be used without permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers