Friday, May 2, 2014

Snorlax


As I mentioned before, I made some Pokémon inspired amis for a crochet swap partner's sons. I'd made Snorlax before using the pattern found here. It worked out well but having seen the free one available here it seemed a better choice.

I liked the detail and the assembly of the second pattern, better. It was still challenging, but the final project looked better than the first one I'd made previously. Oddly, I ran into problems with the yarn choice. I thought I had the blue I needed in the standard brands of acrylic yarn I use. When I checked, I found out I only had Wool Ease available and it proved to have a smaller gauge than the regular acrylics I used on the rest of the body. In some places, I found I had to use sports weight to get the body to match. Lesson learned.

It is nice to have free patterns to choose from when trying to decide on these projects. I feel very fortunate that so many generous designers freely share their talents with the rest of us.

If you arrived here looking for free patterns you may be interested in the following blog pages:

Dinosaurs and Dragons

Knit and Crochet Food Patterns Great for Play Food

Hello Kitty

Crochet and Knit Puppets

Crochet Amigurumi Animals and Stuffed Animal Free Patterns

Knit Amigurumi and Stuffed Toys

Crochet and Knit Amigurumi and Other Dolls

Knit and Crochet Toys

Teddy Bear Patterns and Clothes

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Pictures may not be used without permission.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so cute! I love crocheting. I recently just got back into it. Your blog will be a motivation to branch off and try new things. :)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers