Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Baby Doll Dress and Hat


This dress was adapted from a free pattern for a 14 Inch baby doll found here. Thanks Recycle Cindy for providing the free pattern.

I used Red Heart worsted instead of Caron, which made it a little thicker. The pattern doll had smaller measurements to begin with and the Mary Maxim cloth dolls tend to be a bit beefier than some of the 15-inch baby doll patterns I have used. I decided to use buttons instead of Velcro to close the back. I had to make the straps slightly longer to account for the bigger body. I also started with a larger hook. However, as pattern adjustments go, this was one of the easier doll patterns I've adjusted for the Mary Maxim doll. I hope to make an additional one for the second donation doll.


Barbie and American Girl Doll Free Patterns are listed on my blog at these locations:

Barbie Crochet and Sewing Page

Barbie Knitting Page

Ken Page

Kelly/Skipper Page

American Girl Doll Crochet and Sewing

American Girl Doll Knitting

Doll Blankets and Pillow Patterns

Baby Doll Patterns:

Baby Doll and Cabbage Patch

Additional Doll Patterns also Available on the Holiday Blogs:

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving


No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers