Friday, May 9, 2014

Baby Doll Basket


As I mentioned in a previous post I started out making a doll basket for the 12-inch baby doll donation I am working on. I found the pattern in an out of print leaflet Dressing Up Dolly, Leisure Arts 2725.

Not having made one for a doll this size before I really didn't pay much attention to the measurements and made it according to the directions. I liked the way it looked, but felt it was a better fit for the 15-inch baby doll. Since the pattern doesn't use anything to shape the basket other than the yarn, having it too much larger than the doll seems leave it as more of a sack than a basket for carrying the doll. With the larger 15-inch doll, it seems to hold its shape better using the doll as a means of helping to shape the basket. I am going to try to make another one for the 12-inch doll using sport weight yarn to bring the size down.


Barbie and American Girl Doll Free Patterns are listed on my blog at these locations:

Barbie Crochet and Sewing Page

Barbie Knitting Page

Ken Page

Kelly/Skipper Page

American Girl Doll Crochet and Sewing

American Girl Doll Knitting

Doll Blankets and Pillow Patterns

Baby Doll Patterns:

Baby Doll and Cabbage Patch

Additional Doll Patterns also Available on the Holiday Blogs:

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Pictures may not be used without permission.

1 comment:

C.Mahan said...

This is cute! I bought a pattern book for a small baby. I forgot the name of it. Kiddo and I got them for Christmas one year. I was hoping my hands would be able to deal with its small loops once I got some practice in.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers