Thursday, May 8, 2014

American Girl Poncho, Hat, and Pants


I received some Vanna's Choice yarn in a swap recently and wanted to try it out on a project for my doll donation. I don't use Vanna's often and found like some of the other worsted Lion Brand worsted I've used lately it is beautiful yarn, but slightly lighter in weight than some of the other worsted weights I use for these projects. I liked the softness, but I don't think I'd choose it again for this project. Having made this outfit before, I've had better results with other yarn.

This pattern used for this project was the Abby, Allie, and Annie outfit from Maggie's crochet that can be purchased here.

I finished another 18" outfit for the donation project and I've started something different. I'm making a doll basket/bed for the 12" donation baby doll made with 4 strands of yarn and an N hook. I've never worked with 4 strands so this could be interesting.

Barbie and American Girl Doll Free Patterns are listed on my blog at these locations:

Barbie Crochet and Sewing Page

Barbie Knitting Page

Ken Page

Kelly/Skipper Page

American Girl Doll Crochet and Sewing

American Girl Doll Knitting

Doll Blankets and Pillow Patterns

Baby Doll Patterns:

Baby Doll and Cabbage Patch

Additional Doll Patterns also Available on the Holiday Blogs:

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Pictures may not be used without permission.




No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers