Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Traveling Pilgrim


Finding Crochetville was an amazing blessing. The encouragment and support I have had has enabled me to grow as a crocheter. People have pointed me towards patterns, helped me with my doll projects, and sent me wonderful presents during swaps and wishlists.

I love the 5 Inch Lots to Love dolls. I rarely have enough time to work on the small thread projects they can wear. However, this fall I carved out enough time to make myself the Pilgrim girl outfit from Holiday Itty Bitties which now seems to be out of print. When Crochetlist posted the holiday wishlists I realized I'd love the matching boy or really any of the tiny holiday outfits for the dolls. It was a long shot, but most wishes are made on that premise.


I read a post on Crochetville a couple of days ago telling the story of the Traveling Pilgrim on his way to visit his girl friend he'd met online. I had my hopes up, but I didn't want to be over confident. Especially when I saw that the package contained not only the male Pilgrim, but costumes for an elf and a reindeer. While the Pilgrim male was going to be a challenge working with thread on the tight areas of the reindeer and the elf's boots were an even greater challenge for someone with my thread issues.

I don't think there are words to express just how thankful I am. Seeing their little faces as I work just makes me smile and yes, laugh. They just have a way of making me feel better. So thank you Christmas Elf for bringing some early Christmas cheer.





No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers