Friday, May 17, 2013

Alligator



If you have been following my blog than you can probably guess that the alligator is part of my Jungle Mat project. I have always been terrified of alligators and crocodiles since my brothers convinced me our very cold brook was full of them and they would creep into the house at night and eat me if I wasn't wary. True love wins and I couldn't make a jungle set without an alligator. While this pattern was not in the original free Joann's pattern, I did find it in A Zoo For You (Leisure Arts #5152) that I have used for several of the other animals in this project.

He was the most challenging of the animals to date, as I had to get his scales on correctly. Even with that challenge, he worked up quickly and despite my dislike of the creatures, he is a great addition to the project.



I got tired of waiting for a library copy to preview and took a chance and ordered Crochet a Zoo: Fun Toys for Baby and You online. It arrived yesterday and I can't wait to try out the baboons and the rangers. (Technically, they are zookeepers, but I am making a jungle, so they will be rangers.) I will post about my results.

If you arrived here looking for free patterns you may be interested in the following blog pages:

Dinosaurs and Dragons

Knit and Crochet Food Patterns Great for Play Food

Hello Kitty

Crochet and Knit Puppets

Crochet Amigurumi Animals and Stuffed Animal Free Patterns

Knit Amigurumi and Stuffed Toys

Crochet and Knit Amigurumi and Other Dolls

Knit and Crochet Toys

Teddy Bear Patterns and Clothes

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Pictures may not be used without permission.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think of crocodiles & alligators when I see swamp and jungle pictures, too. I never would have guessed the level of detail involved such as needing to add scales. Great job putting this together, especially after your first introduction to them was less than pleasant (gotta love siblings!) Looking forward to seeing the next project!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers