Monday, March 18, 2013

Three Little Pigs Finger Puppets



The Easter box was mailed, but I still have a few projects from that to post as well as a few local Easter projects and birthday projects I am working on.

The Three Little Pigs project was one I started before Christmas when I made the Little Red Riding Hood Set. The pattern is available for purchase here. The Little Red Riding Hood pattern is available for purchase there as well.

I love combining finger puppets with a book for a gift. My only disappointment was that I couldn't find a really artistic version of the Three Little Pigs. I found a beautifully illustrated Little Red Riding Hood. However, while I could find multiple alternate verisons of the Three Little Pigs, there doesn't seem to be a really nicely illustrated one on the market. I settled for an new early reader edition and a second hand Golden Book copy I picked up at the library book sale.

The puppet's were fun and easy to make. I found the buildings to be more challenging. I never fault the designer, I find other's usually can figure these construction projects out. I ended up sewing the brick details to the house, because I couldn't get the crochet pattern to work for me and my time was limited with my mailing deadline. I have not seen any more fairy tale puppets on her Etsy site. I sent her a message to find out if she's considering designing more as I would love to have more to make.

If you arrived here looking for free patterns you may be interested in the following blog pages:

Dinosaurs and Dragons

Knit and Crochet Food Patterns Great for Play Food

Hello Kitty

Crochet and Knit Puppets

Crochet Amigurumi Animals and Stuffed Animal Free Patterns

Knit Amigurumi and Stuffed Toys

Crochet and Knit Amigurumi and Other Dolls

Knit and Crochet Toys

Teddy Bear Patterns and Clothes

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Pictures may not be used without permission.




2 comments:

Jennifer said...

These are so cute.

Jay Elle said...

I love it because it's a thoughtful and adorable gift for a mom. :D

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers