Wednesday, January 23, 2013

American Girl Doll Two Piece Bathing Suit


As part of the Mary Maxim doll kit, Gracie's Day at the Beach, I got another bathing suit pattern. This one was a two-piece set made from the Seafoam Ultra Mellospun DK used for the dress and bag pattern in the main outfit. I was pleasantly surprised to find this pattern as it is not listed in the description of the kit online. I used the leftover yarn from the dress and the pattern for a beach towel that is part of another pattern set found here, to add to the outfit.

I am pleased I was able to complete a bathing suit for each of the donation dolls without having to repeat a pattern. I had not counted on that when I ordered this kit.

I am also thinking I have discovered an easy underwear pattern. Some of the dresses really do need panties and I have yet to find a simple pattern. This pattern worked up easily and would fill the need for modesty required by some of the outfits.

Barbie and American Girl Doll Free Patterns are listed on my blog at these locations:

Barbie Crochet and Sewing Page

Barbie Knitting Page

Ken Page

Kelly/Skipper Page

American Girl Doll Crochet and Sewing

American Girl Doll Knitting

Doll Blankets and Pillow Patterns

Additional Doll Patterns also Available on the Holiday Blogs:

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Pictures may not be used without written permission.







2 comments:

C.Mahan said...

I can see you making a few of these sets with your scraps of yarn! All different colors. I think it would be great for panties too. I learned with the AG and similar type dolls you can never have too many under type garments.

C. Wilson said...

This would be such a fun thing to get into if I had the time. You are very talented!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers