Friday, August 3, 2012

Crochet Games of Ancient Greece Update


I'm continuing with my Olympic challenge to make play food for my Christmas toy donation. The food works up quickly and I may need a bigger box before I am finished with my donation.


The focus for yesterday was breakfast. I made a second pancake, two sausages, a whole egg, a cracked egg with an egg inside, and a fried egg. The pancake, sausage, egg, and fried egg came from an old Annie's Attic pattern, Crochet Toy Food, 87F12. The cracked egg with egg inside came from Tasty Crochet: A Pantry Full of Patterns for 33 Tasty Treats which is one of my favorite food books. They also have a great pancake pattern if you need one. While there are lots of free patterns out there, Tasty Crochet provides a nice collection all in one place to work from when you are trying to build a toy food pantry.


My favorite is the cracked egg. I made this for a family member before and it is a huge hit. Children like being able to crack the egg and have it "come out" either into a bowl to "mix" or on to a pan to "cook."

I have to look at my food crochet books to decide where to go next. I'll have a weekend update on the challenge next week.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the egg! A perfect thing for a childs imagination.

Anonymous said...

All if it looks good enough to eat. Perfect for anyone looking to fill up their pantry. On Etsy there is a lady who makes patterns for the pots and pans and utensils. That would really be nice.

C.Mahan said...

Love the food!!! I finally dusted off my crochet hooks, bought some super cute naked babies in need of repairs, a crochet pattern book (or three) and when they arrive I will gather the yarn scraps from the thrift stores and get started on some creations. I finally decided that I am tired of being too busy and I miss crafting. Besides lil m desperately needs clothing for all her various dolls and I would rather show her I can make them!!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers