Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Girl Duck with Egg


This was my second attempt at the "Easter Eggs" pattern from the April 2011 Crochet World. Since there are two boys and a girl now it seemed appropriate to make the girl duck for the girl in the group. The duck pattern worked fine, but even moving up to an I hook the egg still was not large enough to hold the duck.


While the boy duck has a shirt and hat, the girl duck has a bib front dress that was fun to make. The original pattern called for foam balls, I decided to stuff my ducks. Knowing these were going to have some rough play, I thought the stuffing would last longer.


I also chose to use safety eyes instead of gluing wiggle eyes or sewing eyes to the project.

If you arrived here looking for free holiday or toy patterns please see the following pages:

Dinosaurs and Dragons

Knit and Crochet Food Patterns Great for Play Food

Hello Kitty

Crochet and Knit Puppets

Crochet Amigurumi Animals and Stuffed Animal Free Patterns

Knit Amigurumi and Stuffed Toys

Crochet and Knit Amigurumi and Other Dolls

Knit and Crochet Toys

Teddy Bear Patterns and Clothes

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Pictures may not be used without permission.

1 comment:

C.Mahan said...

I'm adding this cutie to my "things to make when I am done with grad school" list.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers