Friday, January 6, 2012

House Ornament




This is the second ornament I completed from Amy Gaines' Woodland Christmas Ornament Pattern set. I have always loved Christmas scenes, villages, gingerbread houses, and items that create that Christmas picture. This was one of the patterns that attracted me to the set. I loved the snow on the roof and the little details that she added.

As part of my stash busting goal for 2012 I did use Red Heart Super Saver and Caron One Pounder for this project instead of the suggested Lion Brand's Vanna's Choice. The only place I really think it made a difference might have been the wreath. The fuzzier Vanna's may have made a better wreath than the Red Heart I substituted.

I am proceeding with my cat afghan and am hoping to have it finished soon. While I want to continue making Christmas ornaments to reach my goal for 2012, I am going to have to turn to Valentine's Day and St. Patrick’s Day projects, soon.

If you arrived here looking for free Christmas patterns please check out the following pages:

Free Knit and Crochet Ornament Patterns

Free Knit and Crochet Christmas Patterns

Free Plastic Canvas Christmas Patterns

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

2 comments:

Jennifer @ Just Peachy in Dixie said...

Very cute! Thanks for sharing!

Merry Cricket said...

That ornament is adorable! Can't wait to see what you come up with for Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers