Thursday, October 6, 2011

American Girl Doll Pilgrim




















I finished one of the doll dresses I needed for my doll project this weekend. My Aunt took it home with her so I only need to finish two more.


This pattern is adapted from a free pattern you can find the link for on the Thanksgiving page. I used Red Heart Super Saver grey heather for the dress and I liked the texture and the color it provided. I used Caron One Pound yarn for the cap and apron. The worsted weight was too heavy for the cuffs so I used Red Heart Sport yarn. I changed the original pattern by adding cuffs, found in the free Barbie pattern on the Thanksgiving page and altering the collar.

While I made this one in the traditional colors people expect for Thanksgiving, I also want to make the dress in colors that are more authentic. Pilgrims did not just wear black, grey, and brown. The colors people often associate with Pilgrims were considered formal colors for Church. Pilgrims did dress in colors including red.

Barbie and American Girl Doll Free Patterns are listed on my blog at these locations:

Barbie Crochet and Sewing Page

Barbie Knitting Page

Ken Page

Kelly/Skipper Page

American Girl Doll Crochet and Sewing

American Girl Doll Knitting

Additional Doll Patterns also Available on the Holiday Blogs:

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers