Thursday, August 4, 2011

My First Swap

I am working on my first swap at Crochetville, a kit swap. Never having participated in a swap, I am both nervous and excited at the same time.

I will not be posting any pictures of what I am making until after the package arrives, but I am looking forward to discussing my experiments and the items I am working on.

The first challenge I had was purchasing a pattern for the kit that had no yarn list. It mentioned the colors and the weight, but no amounts. The project uses a weight that is not traditional for this kind of project and a smaller hook, so estimating the required yarn for the project was a challenge. I emailed the author, but never heard back. I think I will have more than enough after ordering the yarn online.

The swap requirements include a kaboodle. My partner wants a tote so I am experimenting with making my first one. Of course, I have a back up in mind if something goes wrong. I am really enjoying making my first tote. I am thinking about making my MIL one for Christmas. It depends on how much time I have.

I need to get work finishing the tote and the extra items to go into the swap box.

1 comment:

Kathy (dalbax2@aol.com) said...

I just found your site today and I absolutely LOVE it!!!! So many patterns to choose from and then linking to other sites....I will be busy for quite awhile! Am going to recommend your site to several people I know. Keep up the good work. I have you marked as a favorite.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers