Friday, June 24, 2011

Skipper Colonial Outfit Crochet


This is an adaptation of the free Betsy Ross Barbie pattern. I made simple changes to create a Skipper version of this pattern. I used Red Heart Sports Yarn instead of the Red Heart and Caron One Pound worsted weight yarn used for Barbie's outfit. Another major change was using a 3" 1/4" elastic waist instead of the 4" the Barbie pattern uses.

My Skipper adaptation does not include sleeves. The Skipper doll I am making clothes for has bent arms and this can be challenging for kids when dressing and undressing the doll. Since this dress does not use snaps, I chose not to add the sleeves from the original Barbie pattern.

I am enjoying adapting the free patterns to Skipper. I have a Halloween costume to share soon.

Barbie and American Girl Doll Free Patterns are listed on my blog at these locations:

Barbie Crochet and Sewing Page

Barbie Knitting Page

Ken Page

Kelly/Skipper Page

American Girl Doll Crochet and Sewing

American Girl Doll Knitting

Additional Doll Patterns also Available on the Holiday Blogs:

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Christmas

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

1 comment:

Katie Jones said...

I think what you did is pretty neat. I wish when I was younger someone had done this for me so I could stop using all the "vulgar" clothes Barbie is provided with, lol. It's very interesting and I am sure it is a hobby that keeps your busy!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers