Monday, April 25, 2011

The Easter Bunny Brings Crochet

I hope all of you had a great Easter.

The Easter Bunny was quite generous this year. Along with some adorable items for my garden, he also left some wonderful crochet patterns. While Amigurumi Toy Box: Cute Crocheted Friends was due out on April 18, the Easter Bunny left me an email from Amazon stating the book was preordered and will be here around May 5. I am excited to have a chance to work on Ana Paula Rimoli's latest patterns. Her first two books have provided many gifts to date.

The second pattern was a set of e-patterns that the Easter Bunny bought and downloaded for my basket. This item came from kandjdolls on Etsy. Alice in Wonderland has been on my list of patterns to locate. I have looked at several Alice patterns. What tempted me to put this one on my Easter Bunny list was this set looked like ones I might be able to complete. While you can buy the pieces individually or in groups the complete set I got includes Alice, the White Rabbit, the Cheshire Cat, and the Mad Hatter. Once I get through this afghan phase, I am looking forward to making toys again.

4 comments:

C.Mahan said...

What a wonderful treat! I look forward to the pics when the new projects are complete!

I told Big M that when I graduated I was going to treat myself to some craft classes. I know how to use my sewing machine, but I can't do much more than a hem. I used to be able to crochet, but forgot it all. I tried knitting, but after writing all day the knitting hurt my hands something terrible. He bought me a knitting machine for Christmas, and I have yet to use it even though I keep purchasing all of these beautiful yarns! I loved to make jewelry, again, time is not on my side right now. I can't wait to get back to the artsy side of me! (ohhh maybe another website will stem from that! LOL, like I really need another heehhe)

Brenda Marie said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the Alice In Wonderland when they're done. I'm working on a counted cross stitch, frog with lilly pad, wind chime for my mom for mother's day. Here's hoping I'll have it done in time :)

Terese said...

Wow, Alice in Wonderland sounds quite adventurous. I hope you post a picture when you complete these. I don't know a thing about crocheting. I've tried my hand at woodburning in the past and found some older nursery rhyme characters fun to sketch and do.

Sharon said...

What a great Easter Bunny! I love when he/she leaves things that are not just chocolate!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers