Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Connor's Crayon Ripple Afghan


Just to be clear this is not a free pattern. My copy came from the Crochet Calendar. If you wish to purchase the pattern it is available at Treasured Heirlooms.

My blanket is slightly smaller than the pattern suggested size. I knew the gauge was off, but I am not concerned. The pattern called for Caron Wintuk, which I have been unable to locate. Instead I used Caron's One Pound Yarn. Instead of worrying about gauge, I spent quite a bit of time focused on making sure I had the stitches correct.

This was a fun pattern to work on. Instead of a traditional ripple pattern that is worked along the short side of the blanket, this ripple is worked the length of the blanket. The white baubles give the blanket a unique texture. I also learned a new method of edging which I plan on using on another blanket I am experimenting with at the moment.

I love this pattern and am pleased to have finished my first Christmas afghan. I have several more to go before my shipping date, but it is always great to get the first one finished.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers