Thursday, April 14, 2011

About Patterns on This Blog

I write about projects that I make for family and friends. I use free patterns as well as vintage and new ones I purchase.

In each entry, I try to list where the pattern can be located. If it is a free pattern, I will tell you where to locate the link on the blog. For vintage out of print patterns, I list as much information as I have about the patterns so you can locate them for yourself. For patterns still in print, I try to provide a link to where the patterns or books can be purchased.

I receive many comments that people cannot find patterns on this website when the information is listed in the entry describing the project. To be clear the only patterns I provide links for on this site are free patterns. I do not have the right to share patterns I have written about that have copy write protections. If you want access to those patterns, you will need to purchase your own copy or borrow from a friend. I do not provide copies of patterns that are not listed freely for use.

As for pictures on this site, I use my own when they are available and free pictures when they are not. I do not have the rights to use the free pattern pictures. The people who publish the free patterns retain the rights to use those pictures. Therefore, I cannot guarantee that the pictures match the free patterns. I do list the pattern information for these pictures when I discover them for those who may want to find the patterns.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

2 comments:

C.Mahan said...

People should know this. I am surprised you even have to be asked!

Sheltie Times said...

Thanks. I love helping people find free patterns. I know from personal experience how they extend my craft dollars. However, I also respect the hardwork required to write patterns and the income people make from publishing them. I only have the right to provide links to the free patterns. It is frustrating to keep having to explain this issue.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers