Monday, December 20, 2010

Colonial Snowman Lady Crochet



This is an adaptation of Annie's Crochet Newsletter Nov-Dec 1986 pattern, Tiny Snow People. I have been working with different sized hooks and playing with the hat and cloak to get a different look for the snow people. This one struck me as having more of a colonial look. The hat in particular just reminded me of the patriot women even more than the previous one I made.

I made another one as a gift thinking it would have the same look, but a few changes and she has a different historical look. That has been the fun with this pattern. I have a Ken hat I did not end up using for his caroler outfit, so I plan to make a snow couple for my husband's parents who will be here Christmas Eve. I am thinking a black hat and cloak for the man and something more festive for the female. However, these things have been evolving on their own so we will see what happens.

Free Holiday Patterns Available on the Following Blog Pages:

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers