Wednesday, December 22, 2010

American Girl Doll Santa with Holiday Yarn



I finished the second American Girl Doll Santa Dress based on Darski's free Pilgrim Dress. You can find the links to the patterns for the dress and hat at my original posting about the dress here.

I have had the toughest time finding the holiday metallic yarns this year. I looked for them before and after Thanksgiving and they were not yet out at the stores, I was searching. Then I got busy and had other yarn I needed so I did not check online when I was ordering the other yarn I needed figuring I could find the holiday yarn locally saving the additional shipping. Well I did find some of the silver red and green yarn. I really wanted the color metals. Perhaps I will find an online after holiday sale. Although some of the places I looked last minute were already out.

I made the second American Girl hat with the Red/Silver and the White/Silver Bernat Holiday Yarn. I made Darski's Holiday gown with the Green/Silver and White/Silver Bernat Holiday. I found it a bit harder on the fingers than expected. I did like the second Santa hat, although I would make the hat a bit smaller next time. The pattern works up almost too small with Red Heart. The pattern is rather large when I followed it as is with the pattern as written. However, it is a cute design.

I would like to locate the Red/Red to try to make next year’s outfits. None of the girls has just one doll. I also would like to put aside some to donate for next year which means starting early.

Barbie and American Girl Doll Free Patterns are listed on my blog at these locations:

Barbie Crochet and Sewing Page

Barbie Knitting Page

Ken Page

Kelly/Skipper Page

American Girl Doll Crochet and Sewing

American Girl Doll Knitting

Additional Doll Patterns also Available on the Holiday Blogs:

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Pictures may not be used without written permission.



No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers