Thursday, August 26, 2010

Crochet Soup



I have not seen an actual pattern for soup although I have seen bowls, cereal, and even dip. Soup seemed like a great addition to my kitchen and fake food Christmas project so I thought about adapting a pattern to create my own soup. I looked at the cereal patterns but the bowls were large. In fact, I am considering using the soup approach for a small cereal option. Storage is an issue. This pattern is actually the dip pattern from Yummi 'Gurumi: Over 60 Gourmet Crochet Treats to Make.

This was an easy pattern to follow and I just changed the white dip to light brown for soup broth and added colored yarn for veggies. The pattern has a double bowl, which was interesting to work with and created a more solid structure. Some of the cereal bowls I looked at were single bowls and I think I would add the double option to make them more solid.

If you arrived here looking for free toy patterns please see the following pages:

Crochet Amigurumi Animals and Stuffed Animal Free Patterns

Knit Amigurumi and Stuffed Toys

Crochet and Knit Amigurumi and Other Dolls

Knit and Crochet Toys

Dinosaurs and Dragons

Hello Kitty

Crochet and Knit Puppets

Teddy Bear Patterns and Clothes

Knit and Crochet Food Patterns Great for Play Food


Pictures may not be used without permission.


No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers