Friday, April 16, 2010

Amigurumi Dinosaurs



I can remember the well intentioned gifts I received from adults that were not always identifiable. I want the kids to actually enjoy what I make as much as I enjoy making them.

I have purchased plastic dinosaur sets for kids for years. Dinosaurs are such a popular toy for kids. It has been a pleasure realizing I could create something that kids could use with the same creativity as the old plastic play sets and I have a better control over what I use to make them.

My goal in making gifts is to find patterns that will be interesting to make and meet the fun standard. When I saw Gourment Crochet's, Amigurumi's Dinosaurs it inspired me to buy and try. The thought of making the patterns intrigued me and I could see kids enjoying the toys if I was successful in assembling them. I have finished two T-Rex Amigurumi and a Brontosaurus to date. The first T-Rex has already made an Easter journey. I have a Stegosaurus that just needs the plates attached and it will be completed. I will continue to update my progress on this project, which I hope to have ready to mail for a Christmas present.




The pattern book includes directions for a T-Rex, Brontosaurus, Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Pterodactyl, and a Wooly Mammoth. The three patterns I have made so far have had clear directions and have been easy to follow. It has been great not finding any missing steps in the process.

Please see the Dinosaur and Dragon Page for free knit and crochet patterns.

Pictures may not used without written permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers