Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Amigurumi Chicken or Rooster



The chicken/rooster was the second pattern I completed from the Down on the Farm pattern. While the pattern claims this is a chicken, everyone who has seen it has agreed with me that it is in fact a rooster. Either way it does fit nicely in to the farm toy experience.

This was one of the easiest patterns in the set. If one were not concerned with fitting all the animals into the bag, it would be easy to convert the rooster into a chicken and have a farmyard of creatures that are made up quickly.

The rooster and the goose were the only animals I could not use the plastic safety eyes when creating. I generally do not like embroidering the eyes, but do to size constraints needed to do so when creating the rooster.

One of the things that attracted me to this pattern and that already has me considering creating another set of these animals for Christmas is the size. They are comparable to the Fisher Price sets. They are small but have the advantage of not being hard when thrown or stepped on. I suspect children could use these with another farm set. That is my intention for the gifts I have in mind.






















This is an out of print pattern. For those who are looking it is Annie's Pattern Club Pattern, 87B54 Down on the Farm.

Pictures may not be used without written permission.


No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers